Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Being a manager is tough.

Being a manager is tough. Don’t let anyone tell you different. I have worked for good managers and bad. Fortunate for me, both sides gave me lessons for life that I now pass on to my staff. If you are very good, people around you will not wonder how it all gets done. You will never here someone say, “What do they really do anyway?”. It is very apparent what, when and why a manager is good, bad or indifferent. Unfortunately being a quality manager is more than just knowing how to play the “political game”. Quality management comes from a combination of people skills, diplomacy, business savvy and spiritual foundations. High quality managers are born not trained. But, average managers can become great managers if they are willing to listen, love and learn.

No comments: